Alcohol and Drug Treatment Care Rehab – Call (720) 419-0378 and Get Help Today!
If you are concerned about someone in your life, somebody who has significantly and frighteningly changed because of drug or alcohol addiction, an intervention is the best solution to getting them the help they need. We service for Centennial Colorado and will offer our best support. It’s devastating to watch as someone you loves struggles and succumbs to drug or alcohol abuse. It’s possible you might be asking, “How can I help my loved one get sober once more?” and “What is my role in getting my friend clean?” No matter how much you love your family member or friend, you might be tired of saying no, fed up with getting used, and upset with the people who encourage the addict with codependent behavior. You can’t be scared of a confrontation: don’t let fear stop you from taking action. Contact Intervention Rehab Programs at (720) 419-0378 for more information about interventions and how to initiate one.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention is an organized meeting with the agenda of convincing an addict to go to treatment for their dependency problems. Family members, friends, clergy, instructors, and others who are concerned about the addict come together to confront the addict about the results of their drug dependency, and to urge them to enter rehab. The only goal of an intervention is to offer the addict a chance to get help and save their life, though these objectives are complicated by the fact that the addict might not even realize that they have a problem, or are in denial, or they are simply unwilling to get help. During the intervention, there are a few subjects that must be addressed:
- specific examples of bad behavior and how it has affected the addict and their loved ones
- the therapy plan along with goals and instructions that the addict is expected to adhere to
- what every member of the intervention vows to do if the addict doesn’t go to a rehab or treatment center
There are four types of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family system.
- A simple intervention can just be as simple as asking that the target person stop their behavior, and must always be attempted before other, more difficult intervention strategies are planned.
- A crisis intervention is used when the addict is behaving in particularly dangerous ways, such as reckless driving, violence, or extreme substance addiction.
- Persuading one individual person to agree to rehabilitation immediately is the objective of a classical intervention.
- In a family system intervention, the goal is to persuade all of the family members to quit their destructive behaviors, especially in instances of substance abuse and domestic violence, which create dysfunctional environments.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Treatment?
Although both intervention and treatment are essential to the recovery process, it’s imperative to keep in mind that there is a major difference between the two. Our team advises that an intervention should be used to persuade the addict to enter rehabilitation, and are put together by their friends and family. An intervention is NOT therapy, and is probably not enough to stop an addict from resuming use of drugs or alcohol. For the most success, the addict needs to be taught about the illness of addiction, what triggers their need to use drugs or alcohol, and how they can maintain long term sobriety, all of which is included at rehabilitation at our centers. Our team strongly recommends following up an intervention immediately with a rehab program, if possible on that very same day.
For Immediate Assistance, Call Alcohol and Drug Treatment Care Rehab Today!
Watching a family member struggle with substance addiction is frustrating and alarming. Generally, an intervention is an intense, planned event that combines the efforts of friends and family, but it is sometimes as easy as asking the individual to stop their behavior. We service for Centennial Colorado. Either way, Treatment Recovery Rehab can help by providing interventionists, finding treatment facilities around the country, or explaining about drug addiction in general. Call Recovery Rehabilitation Drug at (720) 419-0378 to help a family member get the support they so urgently need!